Rivers Edge Veterinary Hospital is proud to offer a house call and in-home euthanasia service for the Massac, Pope, and McCracken county areas!
Benefits of in-home Veterinary Care
Even though we have been successful in creating an environment that our patients and clients love to visit, there is no doubt about it, bringing your pet(s) to the vet’s office can be a stressful experience for all parties involved. The stress can begin even before you leave the house. Cats seem to magically disappear when the carrier is brought out and some dogs start salivating when they see the car door open. Then, they arrive and there are all sorts of strange sounds, noises, and other animals, further heightening the stress of being taken out of their normal environment.
Wouldn’t it be nice if your pet could bypass all of these stressful events?
Wouldn’t it be nice for you to save time, but not compromise your pet’s healthcare?
Wouldn’t it be easier if you didnt have to load all of your pets either all at once, or three separate times to make it to the vet for their annual appointment?
Wouldn’t it be great if we put the strange environment on the Doctor instead of your pet?
We’ve heard your call and we’re stepping up to the plate!!!
House Call Services Offered
- A thorough physical exam
- Diagnostic heartworm test
- Determining your pet’s weight
- Blood Sampling for internal health screening
- Discussion of diet and weight management issues
- Behavioral issues
- Intestinal parasite screening
- Diagnosis of ear infections and minor skin issues
- Scheduling spay/neuter at the clinic and discussion of the procedure
- Setting up an account with our online pharmacy so that prescribed medications, including heartworm, flea, and tick prevention can be delivered directly to your home!
Deciding when to euthanize your pet can be one of the most difficult decisions to make during the entire life of your pet and we understand that completely. We are constantly humbled and thankful that you allow us to be with you and your pet during their final moments. Therefore, River’s Edge is also offering scheduled in-home euthanasia. Having your furry companion pass at home can be a much more peaceful experience when your pet is in a comfortable, familiar environment. Dr. Jones will come to your home and help you and your pet have the most consoling and comforting experience as possible during a most difficult time.
What you can expect during your personalized house call
- There is a flat fee for the house call of $60 — whether that be for one pet or five pets, the house call fee does not change
- All other fees are the same as if you brought your pet to River’s Edge Veterinary Hospital
- Ideally, after you book your appointment, Dr. Jones will call you personally before he visits your home and get an idea of what services you will be needing and prepare your invoice
- If you pre-pay over the phone for your visit, Dr. Jones will bring all of your paperwork and invoices to your home at the time of your appointment–any unexpected charges will be billed at the time of the appointment
- If you choose to pay at the time of your personalized appointment, your invoice, rabies tag/certificate, and any medications will be sent by mail as soon as the transaction has been settled
- River’s Edge House Call Service is happy to accept Credit Cards, Check, Cash, and Care Credit
- Payment is due before or at the time of service
- Any biological samples take at your home will be promptly taken back to the clinic for immediate analysis
Hours of Availability
Initially, River’s Edge House Call Service will be offered Tuesday afternoons between 1:00 P.M. and 6:00 P.M. and all day Thursdays between 8:00 A.M. and 6:00 P.M. Special arrangements can be made for appointments outside of these hours.